Customer Engineer, Geo - Google - Washington, DC
March 2022 - Present
- Work in partnership with the sales team to advocate for Google’s location and mapping solutions to our customers
- Engage with executive industry leaders and partner with them to devise a location intelligence strategy for their company
- Help prospective customers and partners to understand the power of the Google Maps APIs and related offerings, explaining technical features, and problem-solving technical issues
- Liaise with Product, Marketing, and Engineering to stay on top of industry trends and devise enhancements to Google Maps Platform products
- Manage technical aspects of solutions including supporting bid responses, product and solution briefings, proof-of-concept work, and coordination of supporting technical resources
- Facilitate request for information or request for proposal responses
- Help Sales to perform pricing and quota estimations and construct deals
- Work with the Google Map Platform’s API products to demonstrate and prototype integrations
- Identify and qualify business opportunities
- Identify customer technical objections and develop strategies to resolve technical impediments
- Maintain on-going technical relationships with strategic customers and conduct technical reviews, best practice sessions, and file bugs and feature requests
- Monitor and ensure proper usage reporting
Solutions Engineer - Okta - Washington, DC
July 2020 - March 2022
- Support the Public Sector and DOD sales team in helping customers understand what they can achieve with Okta
- Understand customer requirements and communicate the business value of solving technology problems using cloud technology
- Execute the delivery of POCs for public sector customers that have more complex use cases, collaborating with other Okta engineering teams as needed
- Craft technical content to show customers how to implement specific use cases or standard methodologies for new technologies
- Prepare demos and proof of concepts to demonstrate various use cases for Okta’s Platform
- Respond to RFx from public sector customers
- Distill and communicate customer needs and product feedback to Product Management, Engineering, Marketing and Sales
Enterprise Solutions Engineer - Mapbox - Washington, DC
August 2018 - April 2020
- Provide customer feedback to product and engineering teams to guide new product development.
- Own the pre-sales technical relationship with enterprise and strategic government customers and helped to close
over $1m in the 9 months with an average deal size of $63k.
Express.js, AWS, and Postgres.
- Helped to close over $1m in 11 months with an average deal size of $63k
- Published open source drag-and-drop dashboard solution called Rapid Deploy that provides a situational awareness application with little to no coding
UX Engineer - Esri - Arlington, VA
July 2017 - August 2018
- Designed workflows and architecture diagrams to influence the final design of the product.
- Assisted in the development of multiple Ember.js components to add map and search functionality to multiple areas of the product.
- Prototyped multiple designs to create a consistent charting experience across the platform.
- Meet with users to gather feedback and suggestions for future feature development.
UI/UX Developer - DigitalGlobe - Herndon, VA
October 2014 - July 2017
- Lead user interface whiteboarding and technical development on a major government contract.
- Developed a Node.js application to help streamline the process for creating browser certificates for users.
- Helped managers to delegate tickets and assist new employees as needed.
Cartographer - University of Wisconsin-Madison - Madison, WI
August 2012 - August 2014
- Project lead on a statewide government contract for 2 years working in all aspects from design to delivery.
- Rapidly created a black and gray map to meet strict specifications and a tight deadline.
- Began Twitter and Github account for Cartography Lab to help promote externally and standardize code storage.
Teaching Assistant - University of Wisconsin-Madison - Madison, WI
August 2013 - May 2014
- Helped to develop current curriculum and lab exercises to be current with mapping technologies.
- Provided students with prompt feedback and assisted in day-to-day tasks when available.
- Won Olmstead Departmental Award for Outstanding Teaching Assistant for the 2013-2014 school year.
GIS Analyst/Cartographer - Gills Creek Watershed Association - Columbia, SC
October 2011 - Map 2012
- Designed maps to educate public on where access points are available for walking and biking trails
- Influenced cartographic direction for styling and maps created.
Undergraduate Research Assistant - University of South Carolina - Columbia, SC
March 2011 - October 2011
- Assisted in streamlining research process by quickly and accurately digitizing data and rectifying aerial images.
- Provided detailed write-up of data used and where it was collected from for the research documentation.
GIS Analyst Intern - Richland County GIS Department - Columbia, SC
May 2010 - August 2010
- Successfully used the ArcGIS Suite to correct misplaced points and remove erroneous points.
- Joined other analysts in the field to accurately check the location of automatic point placement in the database.